As Musli grows naturally in most parts of India, as
per practical experience it can grow successfully in
the wide range of temperature and rainfall. Sandy loam
soil with proper drainage system facilitates its growth.
preaparation of Land
The Land is to be required to be prepared in the month
of April - May.
- Proper Soil treatment including Deep Ploughing,
Tillering is must to give land a better Pulverization
and Dryness in the month of March and April.
- At least five trollys of Cow dung manure per Acre
should be mixed in the month of April or May.
- Raised beds should be prepared (as per planning
of plantation) in the end of Month May.
- The Raised bed distance should be 24 inches and
height should be 10-12 inches.
- All the raised Beds should be well irrigated before
sowing the planting Material. Raised bed help in growing
of tubers of Musli and to facilitate the proper drainage.
- The distance of beds could be increased to 3.5 feets,
but it requires irrigation by drip irrigation systems
Sowing of Musli
The sowing of Safed Musli starts with the first shower
of the monsoon.
|Bed to Bed
|Plant to Plant
- Two to three fingers approximately attached to
a part of crown.
- Treat the fingers of tubers planting material either
with urine of cow or with Bovestin and Streptocyclin
before planting in order to keep it free from any
kind of fungus.
- Two weedsof the crop are required to free it from
the weeds which should be controlled manually by labours.
- Any kind of deficiency should be immediately traced
and the required element should be supplied.
- Some few especial techniques practiced have to be
observed either by training or by frequently visiting.
- The first three months from the sowing date are
very important and the field needs most care.
of the Crop
- In the month of October - November the leaves of
Musli starts yellowing.
- Subsequently they become dry and fall off and get
detached from the tuber/disc.
Harvesting of the Crop
After Maturity stage of the crop means that the crop
cycle is complete, hence its tuner should be dug out
as per practical experience.
- Digging: This means digging the
bunch of safed musli from ground. This process involves
around 60-70 men per day to dig one acre land. The
complete process should be seen by the labour so as
to enable him to get the complete yield safely.
- Drying: Part of the yield dogged
out is peeled and then dried to almost 20%. This dried
musli is then sent to the market. There should be
a clear understanding of this process.
On an average this crop gives a yield of 25 quintals
of wet musli per acre. After peeling and drying up nearly
20 percent of dry musli is finally obtained.
KRD Musli Farm's Dr. Dingu is also included in production
of seeds of Potato, Onion and Garlic since last 35 years,
now he is producing quality planting material of Safed
Musli. We also produce Safed Musli with other crops
including Amla and Chiku etc. at the same piece of land
to take more profit from the same land at a time. This
process of cultivation is known as Inter-Cropping.
For more details & enquiries please feel free to